Thursday, January 3, 2019

Put To The Test

We are already being tested in the new year.

Towards the end of 2018 we came into a disagreement with the design/build team working on our house. I won't get into the specifics but Josh and I find ourselves at a crossroads, wanting to finish this project but also unwilling to be taken advantage of financially, especially when Josh has been so diligent with the budget and overseeing all the things. We had a meeting with them today to go over it and it ended unfavorably.

Before the meeting I made sure to spend some time in the Word because I had a sinking suspicion it wasn't going to go well. I can't say that I handled myself with grace and love. My insides are boiling by this broken trust. What does God want from me? from us? How do I keep a kingdom perspective vs a worldly one?

My devo this morning said this:

I go before you to open up the way, and I also walk alongside you.. Do not be weighed down with problems and unresolved issues, for I am your burden-bearer. In the world you have trials and distress, but don't let them get you down. I have conquered the world and have deprived it of power to harm you. In Me you may have confident peace.

In my last post I mentioned my hope that we may all grow closer to Jesus this year.

In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith - more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire - may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. - 1 Peter 1:6-7

I am praying that we will be in the house before the baby comes. I am praying that the owner will take responsibility for the errors and do the right thing. I am praying that Josh will not be broken by this.

And ultimately, I am praying that my flesh will yield to the power of Christ in me so that my witness will not be compromised. Lord help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment