Sunday, July 17, 2011

A JFK Kind of Layover

I'm headed home today (woohoo! I missed Josh!) and have a 5 hour layover at JFK. I found out yesterday that my friends, Kats and Val were scheduled for a similar wait time so they let me tag along.

Actually what I thought would be an incredibly boring wait time has turned out to be so fun. There is some pretty good food in here. We had an awesome lunch (airports can have good food? Thanks LAX for keeping me in the dark.) with some great frank conversation filled with secrets galore and then Kats discovered an Illy station! =) Val and I splurged and bought some coffees and yummy pastries. Afterwards, while charging our stuff and using the free wifi (go US!), Kats taught me some strategy behind playing Scrabble (I'm playing Josh for the first time).

If this is what it's like to wait around in an airport, I wouldn't mind it so much.

Here I'm making sure Val sees how awesome those bran muffins look over there. :p

Soooo gooood.
Here's to great friends, great food, and great coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment