Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Dream V. The Reality

When we first started talking about possibly moving home it was so fun! Family dinners with whomever is home on a weeknight. Emerson and Landon going to Awana at our church on Friday nights. Josh and I hosting a mid week bible study. Quick meet up's with friends and long dinners on the patio. 

My parents live just down the street from Josh's parents and my sister lives a mere 10 minutes away. So obviously school pick up of my niece and nephews from school. Homework at our kitchen table before running off a little energy in the yard while I cook dinner. My imagination ran wild with glee.

The other exciting part was being able to design our own place. In the early design stages I happily fell asleep dreaming of the home I've always wanted while pretending we were working with a limitless budget in a limitless space. 

But after months of back and forth with our architect, it has been made clear that the dream and the reality don't line up. Say what.

the dream

the reality

What began with Carrera Marble countertops and steel windows has dissolved into an IKEA kitchen and laundry in our bedroom. While I am absolutely prone to emotions (varying degrees often within the same sentence) you might imagine the high and lo's that have accompanied the design of this house. And we haven't even started building yet. hmmm... lol. Pray for me this year. Certainly not the end of the world but an adjustment for sure. So goes life!

No comments:

Post a Comment