Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Same Girl

The Same Girl who just told me that the prayer to change her heart didn't work, did an extraordinary thing tonight and asked Jesus to come and live in her heart forever.

It wasn't a surprise really. We've been having some fairly deep theological questions (as deep as a 3 year old can go) recently. As I was putting her to sleep, she told me that she decided God was in her heart. I responded by telling her he isn't there automatically, you have to ask Him if he will come and live in your heart. But if you do that, you are saying that you are going to try your best to obey God's ways. She nodded emphatically and we prayed together. Actually, she just folded her hands and said, "Jesus, please will you come live in my heart so I can go to heaven...tomorrow."

I said maybe she could hold off going to heaven till she was older and she agreed. We went and got Josh and Landon and prayed together again as a family.

I will exalt you, my God and King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
Every day I will praise you
and extol your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
His greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts,
they will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty.
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
Psalm 145

Friends, if one of you may be disheartened, let these words seep into your heart. "..I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19

No comments:

Post a Comment