Tuesday, January 23, 2018

An L.A. Girl

Before we even had the money figured out for the house my mom was telling the whole world that we were moving home. I would walk into church and people would come up and say how exciting that we were moving back. I would always respond, "well, we aren't sure just yet". My sister finally told me to cool it on the Debbie downer response but I would much rather under promise and over deliver than over promise and under deliver.

Everyone, we are not yet moving back home! ... but we are looking into it.

It's funny, when we mention to people out in Santa Clarita that we are thinking of building a tiny place behind our parent's house they give us the weird sideways look like, "Why would you ever do such a thing when you have such a big beautiful house?" But when we talk about it with people in LA it's like, "Wow, what a great idea!"

We have enjoyed Santa Clarita. It is calm and beautiful. People are nice. No one honks. Parking is free. Doctor appointments are easy and the offices not crowded. Public schools are great and private schools are affordable. Why would we be willing to trade all that, you ask? Family and community. Over time our values have changed as we've grown individually but also as parents. We recognize that we cannot raise our children alone successfully. We need a church community who love on them and also a place where Josh and I can sink our teeth into. And it goes without saying that family trumps all for us.

Truth is, no matter how many places I've lived, I will always be an LA girl.


Traffic and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment