Monday, February 3, 2014

Moving Day


Saturday morning my family descended upon my grandparents home in Anaheim. It was moving day - time had come to move them closer to family. I know people move all the time but I was nostalgic when driving up to the house. When we were little, we'd go down every year in December for family Christmas. We'd exchange gifts, sing the 12 days of Christmas, celebrate my mom's birthday, and the cousins would put on some type of show for the adults. The house is near Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm so every 4th of July we'd stand outside once it got dark and enjoy the firework show the parks put on for their guests. In our younger days, I can remember playing catch with my grandpa in the backyard. And every so often my grandma would take us into one of the back rooms and let us pick from her collection of omiyage gifts.

I can imagine moving must be hard for my grandparents too. I had lunch with them today (the perks of having them so close!) and they are doing just fine. Grandpa told me that he has been reciting one bible verse during this process. "Surely your goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment