Sunday, July 2, 2017

Clean


Josh's work shuts down two weeks of the year for maintenance on the production side. i.e. he is off for a week. A glorious break from the grind and truly feeding my soul. He has already woken up with the kids and made waffles while I slept in. We have stayed in our pj's, not rushed, and let the kids go to bed late. We have celebrated birthdays with family and hung out with out of town family. All of this and it's only been a few days!


Friday morning I did a short devotion with the kids during breakfast. First time. We talked briefly about how God takes great delight in them - not because of anything they can do, but because they were formed by God himself. 

Landon is a little young and I have no idea if E heard me but I certainly started the day with a pep in my step. I think we will try and do that each morning. More than her being ahead of other kids her age educationally, more than having good manners, more than doing the right thing, more than being clean or presentable, I want them to know the love of God, deeply, profoundly. I want the name of Jesus to real in our home and in our hearts. I want Him on the tips of our tongues at all times. I want Him glorified in a real way, not just through bible stories or mealtime prayer.

My Uncle Al finished my dad's message on Sunday by singing a song. Goodness, Jesus was speaking to me! Listen for yourself.



I have been so burdened by the weight of my inability - as a mom, as a wife, as a decision maker for our family, but today Jesus reminded me that he washed my dirty rags clean. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment