Friday, February 9, 2018

For Them. For Me. For Him.


I was tired this morning, and rightfully so, I told myself. I wasn't feeling well. Everyone needed to sit on my lap, at the same time. They both needed the same toy at the same time. Hungry, thirsty, want to play, read, hang on my neck. My patience was thin and I snapped not once, not twice, but maybe three times at my kids, and all before 9am.

Often on social media moms are extending grace to one another for some outburst or failure. And I love to see it, I truly do. But in this instance for myself, I didn't want to hide behind grace as a cover up for what I really needed to do, for who I really needed to be.

I read something online a few months ago that stayed with me. I copied it and taped it to my bathroom mirror as a daily reminder. This is what it says.

"Fight hard as hell to be the mother we want to embody. I know the type of mother my kids deserve, and I know the caliber of woman I am capable of claiming. I know they are worth every since ounce of this intricate battle, in order to leave behind a legacy of love..that will eventually be traced back to me."

Yes. For them. For me. For Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment