Friday, June 17, 2016

Psalm 38:8-10

I'm sure you've heard the tragic news of the two year old who was playing in the shallow end of a lagoon only to be pulled in and killed by an alligator. 

All I can think is that I too, have a two year old. Me too. And my heart breaks for that dad and mom, because how do you resume life? 


And many of you know about Emily, the young girl fighting cancer. I don't even know her but her story has struck a chord in me, and in many others (see Updates On Emily on Facebook). I pray for this girl I don't know. I pray so hard for her. 

The last update was that the treatment wasn't working and, in fact, more cancer has appeared. Her dad wrote this, "I am feeble and crushed; I groan because of the tumult of my heart. Oh Lord all my longing is before you; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart throbs; my strength fails me, and the light of my eyes  - it has also gone from me. But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer." Psalm 38:8-10 

What faith. 


I'm laying these families, and so many others who are also hurting, at the feet of Jesus. 

And I'm holding my children closer tonight, letting go of what doesn't matter, embracing my husband with thankfulness, caressing my sons face, and seeing my daughter for all the glorious wonder that she is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment