Thursday, June 16, 2016

That Little Cookie


I know I'm tired when I go crazy binge eating at the end of the day. Case in point, tonight I had two chicken tenders, some grilled salmon, a handful of watermelon, and three bite-sized cookies...and it's only 7:30pm, just say'in. 

This relatively recent inability to control myself has contributed to my inability to lose all that baby weight. But come on guys, I'm so dang tired I just NEED that cookie. That cookie is screaming my name, after serving my children and taking care of their needs allll daaaay loooong. That little cookie is chanting my name, "give in, let go, eat me and finally relaaaaaaaaax girl" and so I do. Once. Twice. (and tonight three times.😑). 

We finally made it back to storytime at the library. We took a five month hiatus (coincidence that Landon is also five months???? 😉). Emerson was a bit apprehensive going back even though she loved it. We got to the doors and she was so scared, crying and asking me to hold her. Poor girl. So of course I obliged. The thing is I overestimated my ability to pick her up while holding Landon and the diaper bag. So I tried and then couldn't lift her which led to louder crying (did I mention the library wasn't open yet so everyone was just watching this unfold?) so I took her by the hand and led her to a bench, helped her to get on, and picked her up from there. 

It was so ridiculous I asked a fellow mom to take a picture of me. "You'll cherish this photo later", Aimee told me. I'm sure I will but in the moment I wanted to make like Frodo with The Ring on and disappear. 


And after all that, truth be told, it's been a good few weeks. Last week Emerson declared that she was going to be Pig Will (Richard Scarry, you are a genius) and ever since has been cooperative and obedient. And I am ridin that Pig Will thing into the grave. Aint no shame in my game y'all! 

See ya later, a little cookie is calling my name. ☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment