Thursday, June 12, 2014

Mommy and Me

Emerson and I attended our first Mommy and Me type of thing this week. Not going to lie, I was nervous going in. I didn't know most of the people there and being my first one I didn't want to do something weird and stick out like a sore thumb (sound like middle school all over again?).  But everyone was friendly and forgiving. I think that's just how moms roll. And in a weird way, I felt an instant connection with the little group. Everyone is just trying their best and really, that's all we can ask of ourselves.

I also learned something - 99% of moms have a horrible first time breastfeeding story. Seriously! My sob story paled in comparison to some of these women. One lady had twins so you can imagine, double the everything!





The more I learn about moms, the more I am in awe of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment