Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Five Finger Discount

I have an awful confession to make.

In the last three months I seem to have taken on a new habit of shoplifting. Gasp! I fear even writing it for not only the judgment from you, my comrades, but also for the influence it may have upon my daughter who may read this one day.

So far it has happened twice at Target (on separate occasions) and once at Michaels. One was for a card, the other AAA batteries, and the last a plastic cake stand. Here is the incriminating evidence in case you don't believe me.

The offending cake plate

That this development has begun exactly around the time Emerson was born is no coincidence. See, when I go into a store now, I no longer push a cart since I have the stroller. And so instead of piling my goods up where I can see them, I stow them in the basket at the base of the stroller. This works for the most part except when I decide to not buy anything after looking around, forgetting about the item in the basket. By the time I do realize I have taken it I've already returned to the car, put Emerson in her seat, put the diaper bag away, and am folding up the stroller to put in the trunk. I know I should go back but it seems too much to bring everything out again so I can go all the way back to the store! Isn't that awful? I console myself by saying I'll pay for it next time but so far I've forgotten each time I've been in Target - and I have been to Target many times since.

I am going to Michaels on Friday with Melissa so I am planning on rectifying the cake plate then. This way if they arrest me on site then I'll have someone to take Emerson.

Yikes!

Have you ever stolen something?

No comments:

Post a Comment