Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day


Mom's day was nice. Josh let me sleep in. He took the baby, pj's and all, across the street for some fancy granola and brought back some yummy breakfast. I'm so spoiled. 

Last mother's day I was still in the throws of newborness to wrap my head around mother's day but this year my thoughts were perfectly expressed by Kristina, of 100layercake, who said this, 

"Becoming a mother was the single most transformative experience of my life... There was a complete shift in how I experienced the world. It was wild, amazing, and scary, yet the most beautiful, enduring change of perspective that I can imagine. It's as if a new part of your being is born, along with your child... There is nothing like it in the world."

Thankful for all moms, seasoned, weathered, or new. And a shout out to all the new ladies who have joined the mama club this year with a special nod to my friend Jayna, who became a mother on Mother's Day. Baby has already got mama bear working overtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment