Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Solo

Well, it's been like 4 days and I don't feel any differently. They promised immediate results which to my rational mind means next day weight loss regardless of binge eating at 10:30pm. Medifast, do it for me baby.



Yesterday I took the kids to Disneyland solo. I knew it was either going to be great and fun and full of wonderful memories or the worst idea in the histories of history. I had a few concerns, two toddlers, one potty training, the other teething, and the adult dieting..

A few moms in line asked me if I was alone. Two ladies were aghast that I would attempt it at all and one said she'd never do it. lol. But we had a great time! E didn't have an accident, Landon was happy, the weather cooperated, and we steered cleared of the big lines.

Success!










It dawned on me that I'm enjoying being with my kids. This may sound bad but it's true. That first year with Landon and the transition to two was hard for me and now it isn't. I've settled and so have they. E is more relaxed and happy, understandable, and Landon isn't as dependent. We laugh so much. We dance. E is helpful and kind to Landon, and we are making it work. Sure, they are still kids, but the truth is, this time is so good. 


I see the tangible need for me to be in a good place for them. The mood of the mom resonates within the house and through their very soul, driving the day to day. An ever present reminder to myself to keep my heart and soul in line with God, because when I'm with Him, I am always at my best.

1 comment:

  1. I needed that last paragraph. Mothering is hard some days and I beat myself up about those days. But the good days are so so good.

    ReplyDelete