Sunday, May 21, 2017

Things I Remember

Today at church my dad handed me an envelope with an anniversary card inside. WHAT. Can't even fake it, completely forgot about it. I looked at Josh with a, "hey, did you know it's our anniversary this week?" and he was like, "yea, it's tomorrow." all casual like, as if he had remembered all along. hmm.. lol.

Life is never so uncomplicated as it is in the beginning of marriage, isn't it? Although it may not feel simple, you realize after years of build up, mortgages, babies, kids, schooling, aging, work, and so on that it truly was as easy as it will be back then. I look back on our last six years and am in wonder at the road we took. Sure, we can all plan our lives but the truth is, we never know what our path will look like.

I loved our wedding. Sure, there were a few things I would have done differently. Namely, not invited a few people and invited a few others, hired a different dj, included more people in the planning stage. But overall, I really enjoyed our wedding. Some memories through pictures.














 




When people reminisce about our wedding, they always bring up three things - the first our wedding video into.

The second thing people remember is the dessert table and the food. 


And by far the most talked about part of our wedding was the best man's speech. Epic.

I remember dancing with my dad.

My father in law talking about getting things we do not deserve.

And Josh's vows.

A lot has changed in six years but the core of us is still the same. I praise God for walking us through life and for our families whom we have leaned on tremendously. 

Mostly, I head into tomorrow thankful for this man. This patient, loving, forgiving, supportive, gentle, man who accepts me for all the flaws and who has given the same, consistent love to our children.  What a gift, an undeserved gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment