Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Going on 9.


This past weekend Josh and I trekked up to the Venice Spring Retreat. After a sickening bout of car sickness we made it to one of the most gorgeous cabins I have ever seen. Some of the memories:
1. O Captain, my Captain - note him in the pic above.
2. Catching up with Beth
3. Hitoshi and Sandy (enough said)
4. The Slides with HS: Can I say that was terrifying? oh yes, and a shout out to Pat, for the best ride up the hill EVER. you slay me Mendoza!
5. small group with the 7thers.
6. the GIANT bunks
7. Robbie's games - dunk that head in the sauna!
8. Denise, for being there to help take care of A.
I wish we could have stayed for the whole weekend, but we feel blessed with the time we were able to go. There is a special feel with this group of youth; they love to have fun, they're gentle, easily amused, and love God. I know God is forming and shaping them into something beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. ...and I am so thankful to have had you there! I don't ever want to do anything without you. =) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete