Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Linda Post II

I said in my first post about Linda to "stay tuned" because I was sure there was much more to come. Well, little did I know what the heck I was saying! On Wednesday, October 7th, I received the best ever facebook birthday message. The title said, "Your Blog Post about Linda" and it was from a stranger. This is what the message said (Mr. S.R. I hope it is okay for me to post this):

Julianna - I was truly touched by your post about Linda. I work at David's Bridal and would like to do something nice for Linda and her wedding. No publicity, no PR, nothing public! Linda's story is truly inspirational and I would like to make some gesture of thanks for letting us have taken some small part in her journey.

I was with A and Melis in Colorado so I immediately re-read the message aloud to them and within one minute went from shocked, to skeptical, to just call me Ms. Julianna "The Investigator"! After an extensive google search I discovered that this was not only legit, but it was seriously legit. After we realized this wasn't a joke, A, Melis and I all cried in the car as I re-read the message and then re-read the blog post to hear it from S.R.'s perspective. We couldn't believe that such kindness still existed in the corporate world. 

To make a long story short, the amazing people of David's Bridal have offered to pay for the flowers for Linda and Richard's wedding!! Such a blessing can only be chalked up to God. He is seriously working miracles for that girl. :) I've promised my new friends pics of the amazing day we had at David's Bridal so here are a few for you to all enjoy:

Perusing the aisle with our favorite consultant Lucy. Here Linda is describing the pant suit she thought might be appropriate. Lucy threw that idea out the window and put that girl in a dress! woot woot!


Dress #1 Lucy and Linda. See that guy in the background? He was part of the party next to us. By the time we had dress #2 on he was cheering her on.




Linda and I later that day. She was so excited we had to play dress up one more time... Thanks to Betty for the makeup, hair, and jewelry. We've never seen her so radiant, and glasses free. :p



I can't post any more pics because I can't give away the dress. But, for what it's worth, I do want to thank everyone at David's Bridal for playing such an important part in Linda's joy - and then for taking another unnecessary and totally generous step in reaching out to bless her even more. You guys rock.

2 comments:

  1. When I read you first post about David's Bridal, I was going to suggest you print it out and send a copy to Lucy just to let her know how she blessed Linda that day you guys were there. Looks like they were already one step ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praise the Lord for His amazingness and the way He uses people to bless those who love Him!!! and how awesome that you get to be a part of it! =)

    ReplyDelete