Thursday, April 1, 2010

In Celebration of a Life Well Lived

Last night Linda went to be with the Lord. She was at home, surrounded by family, friends, and Richard.

And even though it hurts like crazy, there is a peace that invades my heart. Even the hospice nurse noticed. Yesterday she said there was something different about this family than many she has seen before. She attributed it to a deep faith in the Lord. Yes, it's painful to lose Linda - but there is an everlasting knowledge that she is with her mom and Judy, celebrating being with Jesus in Heaven. I told A that I bet she's naming all the prophets and disciples as they walk by - and meeting the people from the Word who's lives gave her conviction and purpose.

But still I know it can be hard. This helped me, maybe it can help you too.
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" Isaiah 43: 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment