Monday, July 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Our humble abode above the resident garages turned storage units.


I've come to realize that my list of living necessities is a lot shorter than I thought it was. Since Aimee and I weren't really planning on moving out so quickly we really weren't prepared. Our living room is practically empty. I can count on one hand what is actually in there: 1. rug, 2. pillows, 3. desk, 4. lamp, 5. mirror. I'm even stealing wifi from a neighbor as we speak so I can update you on our new home progress (don't worry cable man is coming tomorrow).

In a sense, it's actually quite liberating living with nothing. I had gotten used to the comforts of home - couches, cable, internet, food in the fridge, dining room table, chairs, silverware, etc. And even though we are slowly building our home (as the money comes) and people (the Snyders) are generously filling out fridge, it's been fun to use plastic boxes as makeshift dinner tables, the floor as our chairs, and the living room as a yoga studio (just kidding).

When I look back I'll think fondly on this time. Here's Aimee, proud owner of our first grocery receipt which is now displayed on our fridge for all to see.


Our living room/blogging station/youth sleepover space.

There's a scene in SATC2 where Carrie goes shopping again for clothes after taking a hiatus to shop for housewares to fill her new penthouse. I feel like I too will one day be able to walk into Chanel (or Nordstrom Rack) and announce, "I'm back!" But until I get a fat raise, rent goes down, or my school loans magically disappear that ain't looking like it's happening anytime soon. But even though it hurts a bit to not be able to look at that J.Crew catalog each season, I still feel like this place and this new season of life that comes with it was totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment