Sunday, February 27, 2011

The O's

The Reds, Shoot!
Sandy Bullock
Anne Hathaway


Underwhelming
Halle Berry - eh, same same. Too much to ask for something new?
Reese Witherspoon - eh, too safe and stodgy.
Mila Kunis - I had such high expectations after the SAG's. Disappointed that she didn't do something different because she's young and she can. Reminded me of the Renee Zellweger and Carolina Herrera rut.

Pictures Did Not Do You Justice
Annette Benning - so gorgeous from head to toe
Jennifer Hudson - eeek girl! Weight Watchers done a girl good!
Gwyneth Paltrow - only a few could pull it off, few will appreciate, but i will love it
Haley Steinfeld - perfectly age appropriate
Hilary Swank - + because it reminds me of my wedding shoes

Disappointing
Natalie Portman - on the verge of "time to stay inside"
Nicole Kidman - not so much
Scarlett Johansson - (no comment)

Footnotes
  • I miss Billy. He is unarguably the best host an Oscar could ever ask, hope, or imagine. 
  • ABC vs. E! News. The winner goes to ABC. Best set up, section, interviews, outfit scoops, transitions, and content. That ESPN correspondent was a great interviewer. How'd she get that gig? 
  • I'll never get why Ryan Seacrest interviewed behind a wall. How were we supposed to see the outfits? 
  • The white chick with the red hair who sang, wow.
What can I say I grew up in LA. I will always love the Oscars. I love the grit and the drama. The dresses, the boring speeches and all. You're a good date O, thanks for the entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment