Thursday, September 3, 2015

Redemption

Today was a long one. It started by me dropping some groceries in the garage while trying to finagle a diaper bag, my daughter, keys, and phone into the house. Then our downward spiral really began when she pulled the food off the table because I left it within reach, right onto my newly cleaned floors. Then while holding a carton of apple juice she decided to squeeze it to oblivion, effectively covering both her and I in the juice. After that, while I was washing her feet in the sink, she grabbed the hand soap and giddily put the tip in her mouth. It was around that time I realized she had also pooped so up we went to take an early bath where, while waiting for me to get the bath ready, she looked down and said, "mama, pee pee". Sure enough, it was all over the floor, me, and Mr. Whale. 

Then again this also happened today.
Sitting in my lap, holding my hand, and watching the wind hit the trees.

Redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment