Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Awesome Parent Ladder



11 months ago I was climbing the Awesome Parent ladder when it came to Emerson's learning. She knew her ABC's, upper and lower,  and could identify numbers 1-10. She could write the letter E and we were inching towards her recognizing her name. I was that proud mom who sent all the videos to her grandparents and would text Josh with each new thing each day.

Yea, that all came to a grinding halt when Landon was born. In fact, she has basically played by herself for the last ten months. lol JUST KIDDING! ... sort of. 😂  Just the other day I happened to point out some of the alphabet and she couldn't remember most of them. I did a mental head smack for letting all that hard work go to waste. Sorry little girl, mama got a little sidetracked. 😬 But I've come to terms with it. So she might not be the smartest cookie going into school. Is that the worst thing?

The more kids I have, the more relaxed (and yet uptight) I become.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment