Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Our Calm Little Life

They say time stands still when you've had a baby. Those precious moments when they're just born. The days slow. The house quiets.

Not so over here. We've learned quickly that when you have two little ones scurrying around there is no slow down. I mean, her first bath was filmed by Emerson, while Landon was in the big bath and Josh was at work. The other day during pick up from school, I was breastfeeding, handing Landon snacks in the backseat, and moving the car forward in the valet line. On top of that, Josh has a looming deadline and hasn't been able to take a true leave. We are still in my parent's house. Emerson is busy with school. The house isn't done. We're dealing with death and life. Kumon. Birthday parties.

I'm not complaining though. This time around I haven't gone down the dark spiral of post pardon depression and it's been a refreshing change. I'm emotionally stable and I can see the difference it makes in everyone around me, especially the kids.

So while this time is hectic, it's also been sweet. I'm thankful that I got to experience a positive post pregnancy during our last go.














You may be thinking, "Oh my gosh! This poor little baby!" Let me reassure you, there has never been a more loved little baby - the number one benefit of being the last one in the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment