Monday, January 6, 2020

Winter Break

Today was our last day of winter break. Some highlights in picture form.





















It was a good break. The weeks up to Christmas were so so busy and then the day after it wasn't. Oh this past week or so has been good for my soul - we've played games, didn't set our alarms, let the kids stay in their pj's, went to museums, ate out, purged the closets, organized the attic, put away Christmas. 

I'm normally overwhelmed with Christmas but with a baby and a job this year I truly wasn't sure I could do it. But Josh, who has held me up day after day and year after year, saw the writing on the wall and took off every day the kids were on break and also took care of almost all of our Christmas presents (sorry for all the gift cards everyone!). I also did not bring one food item to any gathering and had someone come and clean the house. 

Josh gave me the room to serve God by serving others this Christmas. What a gift! 

No comments:

Post a Comment