Monday, December 12, 2022

El Kana and El Elyon

I have been learning so much from this kid's book. The kid's and I have been going through the different names of God and WOW. John Piper nailed it when he said, "the God she sees, savors, and sets forth here is unabashedly big."  



I am going though the book of Hosea in my bible study and it's a doozy. Hosea was the last prophet to prophesy before the northern kingdom fell to Assyria - ending a golden age of peace of prosperity. A peace and prosperity that also brought moral decay. 

God is El Elyon, Most High. 
What does it mean to be the most? Being the most means it is the greatest. No one and nothing can be as great as God. 

God is El Kana, a Jealous God. 
There shall be no other God's before me. (Exodus 20:3) But He must be the Most High in our hearts. 

As I was reading through the first two chapters of Hosea, I was reminded of this book that taught me God is El Elyon and El Kana. And I wrote this prayer in my bible: 

Lord, would you be the Most High in Josh's heart!
Lord, would you be the Most High in Emerson's heart!
Lord, would you be the Most High in Landon's heart!
Lord, would you be the Most High in Abby's heart!
Lord, would you be the Most High in my heart.

And for you, stranger and friend, as you join me on this journey. Say it out loud. 
Lord, would you be the Most High in my heart. (Psalm 47:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment