Saturday, September 29, 2007

Baby Steps

This morning mom and I went on a bike ride to the beach. The coast was beautiful. So clear and calm. On the way we talked about pretty much everything underneath the sun. A few years ago we probably would have been fighting before we even started out - or at least annoyed with one another. I truly enjoyed her company - and was even willing to hear her criticism on some of my recent behavior.

If you've ever had problems getting along with your mom, then you understand how HUGE it is to actually listen to your mom's opinion - or even allow her to state her mind. I'm working on it. I think I'll always need to work on it. I'm not saying things are perfect, but there's been improvement. I'm thankful to God for working on my heart, to help me change my actions, thoughts, and responses to my mom. I pray that God would continue to work on our relationship...and on me.

She's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment