Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blankey

For those of you who didn't know, I have a Blankey. And not just any blankey, but my lifeline, comfort, body warmer, tear catcher, pancho, leg warmer, head rest, and constant traveling companion and passenger seat guest in my car for the last..well, since seventh grade - so for over fifteen years. For some reason, in the past three years or so I have grown even more attached to it... so far even that I have been taking him out of the house and putting him in my purse when I'm just running errands. He just brings me comfort wherever I am. Anyone who knows me well, knows about my love for Blankey. I know that may sound terrible and you can psycho analyze away if you want - but today I came home from Vegas and I realized I had left Blankey there.

I can't even tell you how sad I am. When I realized what I had done I couldn't stop crying...I still can't stop crying. I have lost the most important nonhuman thing in my life. I know we're supposed to be rejoicing in the New Year and celebrating with loved ones and friends but I can't even think about that. I lost Blankey today. I am so sad.

I found this picture of blankey and Grace.

1 comment: