Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflections of 2009 and Hopes for 2010

A few highlights of last year...

1. The frequent flyer miles - Nor Cal, Florida, Kauai, Colorado, Seattle... not to mention the normal; camp, Shuyokai, fishing in Mammoth, Midwinter, Catalyst, and Vegas with Josh's friends, to name a few.
2. Linda's story - proposed to, fell in love, experienced her first, kiss, bridal shower, dress shopping, cake tasting, hand holding, canoodling, splitting a meal with a loved one, and on and on.
3. Graduating from school, and bringing to a close the end of a three year journey.
4. Working with Gary and the conference, seeing vision come to reality, DropIn, church visits, and every other amazing thing God has done here.
5. Babysitting Grace - watching her grow up has been so rewarding...we love her so much.
6. Aimee's 30th birthday. A monumental occasion for more than one reason.
7. Bringing a salad to the Uyeda family Thanksgiving.
8. My family doing so so well. God is truly faithful.
9. Mr. and Mrs. Uyeda accepting Christ and being babtized...and everyone else who accepted Christ!

Hurts of 2010:
1. Loosing those we love, like Marion
2. Linda, and cancer
3. Blankey

Things to look forward to in 2010:
1. Moving Out
2. Josh graduating
3. Momentum

Resolutions for 2010:
1. Ordering a Tall instead of a Grande
2. Passing gas in front of Josh

But the best hope I heard for this year came from a wise young someone we all know and love, Miss. Lauren Tang:
A Prayer: "Shake the foundations of my heart...I will not burn out this year, I will burn bright...No more empty resolutions. No more frail intentions. This year, I want to do something brave and beautiful. From the deepest corners of my trembling heart, I'm wispering the same words Isaiah did: Here I am. Send Me. Because my days don't mean anything if they don't belong to you." -Natalie Lloyd

Happy New Year everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Nice...maybe I should bookmark this post.

    ReplyDelete