Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Big News

Something I have been praying for was answered. Josh was offered a job. The catch, it's up north. It's too good to pass up so he's moving up there next month. It is a great opportunity for him.

People keep asking me how I'm taking it. They know that Josh and I do life together - workout, cook, errands, do nothing together, and everything in between. I'm not going to lie and say it's going to be a piece of cake because it won't be.

My grandpa once told me that we need to have confidence that the Lord will have His way. Without such confidence we betray our own confidence that Christ is the head.

The FAQs
Yes, we are staying together.
No, we don't have plans for the future. He's just trying to figure out the best city to live in right now. One step at a time.
Yes, I will miss him immensely.
Yes, the unknown scares me.
Yes, he will try and be home on weekends during the NAU season. :)

Habakkuk 3

2 Lord, I have heard of your fame;
I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord.
Renew them in our day,
in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy.
God came from Teman,
the Holy One from Mount Paran.

His glory covered the heavens
and his praise filled the earth.
His splendor was like the sunrise;
rays flashed from his hand,
where his power was hidden.
Plague went before him;
pestilence followed his steps.
He stood, and shook the earth;
he looked, and made the nations tremble.
The ancient mountains crumbled
and the age-old hills collapsed.
His ways are eternal.

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

I'm not focusing on the destruction and wrath. I'm seeing the vast and all-encompassing scope of the Lord and his mighty power. Habakkuk so accurately speaks of this. And the response in 18 and 19 it says that knowing all this, "yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful, the Sovereign Lord is my strength".

Sharon asked me the other week how I was doing with all these changes. I told her the honest truth, "I'm trusting in the Lord".

No comments:

Post a Comment