Saturday, October 30, 2010

Not Your Average Trip To New York

Where do I begin? It was my first trip to the Big Apple.
The city is beautiful and full of life. A tough people; to the point. Cool outside, hot inside. Beautiful old buildings. Basements with kitchens. An underground life through the subway - 2.50 per ride. Close districts. Cultured. Inflated cost of living. Style. Theater. Museums. A different life. Not better not worse, just different.
I have many highlights but the one I must mention first was the group who went. Nona, Barb, mom, Auntie Ruth, Helen, and Aimee. I learned the funny quirks and the different roles that each person assumed. Mom, the fun one. Helen, mom's long lost sister. Nona, the gentle people pleaser, Auntie Ruth, the controlled and quiet excitement. Barb, the deeper meaning. Aimee, my subway seat partner. But all women who love Jesus and are seeking to let Him mold and shape their lives. Always giving glory to God in the everyday and seeking to be more Christ-like. I admire each one and am thankful they allowed me to tag along.
The second highlight was Billy Elliott. Mom, Helen, and I saw the musical "Billy Elliott" on Saturday night and I was so moved by the main actor. I will never forget his red dance. Man, I know he'll go many places in his career. It was a privilege to be able to see such an amazing dancer, singer, and actor at such a young age.

The third highlight... ayai, there are so many. I'll let the pictures do the talking.











What a great trip. Oh wait, I forgot one itsy bitsy teeny weeny bit of info,

AIMEE GOT ENGAGED!

 She had no idea we were walking to her engagement. :)

Helen said it was such a beautiful day that we were going to take a slight detour through Central Park. 
Blane called while we were walking down the Literary Lane. Asking if she saw this and that...
 and then she walked to the famous fountain and he asked her on the phone,
"Do you see the fountain?"
"yes"
"Look to the right, do you see me?"
"What are you doing here!?"
And she ran down the steps to him and he took her to a private place in the park and proposed.
Sorry I have no pics of the actual event. He wanted privacy. :)

 Tada!
We ran into them at Dean and Deluca and Auntie bought them flowers. :)

On the red steps in Times Square later that night. 
The announcement splashed across a jumbotron and the way facebook found out.

To my favorite girl in the whole world. I am up to my ears in pride and excitement for this new journey in life. Finally, all the magazines will be put to use. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I get so lucky as to have a sister in you? ;)

    I love you so very much Bub. Always and forever!

    ReplyDelete