Wednesday, March 14, 2012

If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them

Made chocolate scones last night. They were soft and dense and yummy. Along with a piping cup of coffee, it was the perfect breakfast on this cold and rainy morning.
I realized something a few days ago. I am turning into my mother. Two Sunday's ago Josh and I walked into church and the worship team was playing a familiar tune. In that moment I was excited to praise the Lord and give him thanks so I hungrily joined in singing. The music continued and I was in my own world rejoicing our King when I noticed a lady a few rows up turn around a give me a quick look. A few moments later, a guy to my left glanced over. And another at my one o'clock. I was perplexed but just kept right on singing.

As we were leaving church, fully fulfilled and walking in His love, it dawned on me. I was singing so loud I disrupted everyone around me! They were turning and looking to see the crazy woman singing at the top of her lungs. EMBARRASSING!

My mom does this every time she sings. She sings like she's on a mission to make sure Jesus hears what she's saying. People in church don't turn around and stare anymore. They've grown accustomed to it - as I have. When I was younger it used to embarrass me. When I got older I saw the beauty in the freedom to worship however your heart desires. And now, I'm her - just younger. :p

"I will sing for joy in God, explode in praise from deep in my soul! For as the earth bursts with spring wildflowers, and as a garden cascades with blossoms, so the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom." Isaiah 61:10-11

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true...for both her daughters ;) We are blessed with a God-fearing, fierce-worshipping Mama!

    ReplyDelete