Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finishing Touches

I'm always curious how people spend their money. Are you like me?

Well, I spent my birthday money, and I spent it on finishing touches. What began as an inspired start in our bedroom, pretty much ended there and I have been dissatisfied with it since. I wasn't meaning to use my bday money, but then I came across these awesome lamps at TJMaxx Home Goods and they were a major steal ($40 each!) so I picked them up. Then I picked up some curtains from Ikea ($24.99 for two) and a big frame from there as well ($29.99). Well spent if you ask me!

Our pillow cases were on our wedding registry. Josh's mom embroidered "J loves Josh" and "Josh loves J" on each one and that's what we sleep on each night (sappy-ness ending here).



And a close-up of our new lamps! They are quite fancy. Frufru, I know. 


The breakdown


Slowly and surely feeling more homey. Next up, the living room. 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE it. You did a fabulous job Bub! I especially love the gold touches against the blue wall with the rattan headboard. Fab!!

    ReplyDelete