Tuesday, February 12, 2013

8x8

It's week two and I'm settling into a rhythm. I am more prepared at home. My Mil suggested we marinate lots of meat over the weekend and so that's what we did. A big help. I have dinner planned for the week and each meal ready to be slipped into the oven before I leave for work. Lunches are packed the night before and my breakfast laid out to accompany my morning devotions. Outfits are prepared in advance and Josh now irons his own shirt in the morning. 

Before we'd be working out at 11. Now I'm sleeping by 11. The weekend has certainly been added to, like making the bed, washing/folding our clothes, changing the sheets, vacuuming, dusting, and grocery shopping. Poor Josh. His life has certainly changed the most. :p What I used to do while he was at work, he now contently does with me in our off hours. 

I don't know what will last and what routine will fade. But for now, it's working. 

It is a privilege to work and I am grateful as I navigate a new world, a new culture, and new people. 

My 8x8

"You, make me new,
you, are making me new.
You make beautiful things,
you make beautiful things,
out of the dust."
-Gungor

Have a great day peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment