Friday, June 7, 2013

Last Days

Today is my last day at work, Josh's last day at work, and my mom's last day at work. What are the odds? I've been at my place 4 months, Josh 3 years at his, and my mom 35 years at hers.

Mom wins. :)

The obligatory happy hour, the "we'll miss you" emails, and the general well wishes. I cringe at these things. Then there's always the real thing when you leave a place. The hope that you are finishing well. The genuine hugs and the thoughtful goodbyes. You think about what you should have done differently and the things you've accomplished. You look well on those who worked hard and already miss those you've grown attached to.

And when it's all over you hope you are a better person that when you started.

When one door opens, another closes.


No comments:

Post a Comment