Tuesday, August 29, 2017

An Untimely Correlation

For some reason, a lot of our essential wedding gifts have reached their end this year. Six years in and our pillows are too lumpy, the comforter threadbare, and pots and pans are old and tired, to name a few. What the! Seeing as we are coming up on the infamous seven year itch, I asked Josh if this was in any way related to our marriage. Everything is degrading!


The untimely correlation leaves me a bit unsettled and I had a fleeting thought that maybe I should shave my legs and put on some make up.

Recently I have discovered what my own tell is relationally. That is, what takes me on off the path of AMAZING INCOMPARABLE WIFE and puts me on the AVOID AT ALL COSTS trajectory. Don't get me wrong, we aren't headed south or anything but I am looking forward to a class we are taking next month based on the How We Love books. The book cover says "Discover Your Love Style, Enhance Your Marriage". Hmm. And even if the class under delivers I'll settle for spending some time with my guy during the day without the distraction of kids. (phew, those expectations sure have lowered.)


If you and yours have also noticed a little wear and tear, we'd love for you to join us. Otherwise, I'll report back in a few months on whether or not we were 'enhanced'. ha

No comments:

Post a Comment