Thursday, November 7, 2019

Some of you may have heard that I started helping out at our church for a little bit. We recently lost our worship director so I'll be doing that part time for the next three months or so while they look for a permanent replacement. 

While it's only part time, it's been a learning curve trying to fit everything in - be everything for everyone and I realized very quickly that I can't be that very thing. So Josh and I are trying different ways and seeing what works best for our family. But I believe that God has shaped my path this year for this exact purpose. The timing of it all coming to be is actually pretty miraculous - how he worked this out, eased that, softened that spirit. 

Truth is, I'm just trying to be obedient to what He wants of me. The whole new testament is simply God asking his people to be obedient and the results of whether or not they obeyed! The consequences if they didn't were so heavy, and the reward if they did, beyond compare. I'm believing that the reward for me being obedient (in this and all the other ways) will be beyond compare for my family, my children. 

Am I tired? yes. Am I discouraged at times? yes. Am I encouraged? yes. Do I see the Holy Spirit moving in our church community? yes. 

So I am resolute. 

God's commands and promises do not compete with one another so if He has called me to this, my family will not suffer, my marriage will not take a backseat, our relationships with others will strengthen. And truly, who knows what else is in store because God's way is certainly "immeasurably more that we could ask or imagine". 

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5

No comments:

Post a Comment