Thursday, July 30, 2020

Pool House Update ~ Slowly Yet Surely

The house has been progressing at a snails pace but I am thankful it continues in a direction. The upside to the incremental improvements is that it gives us a chance to sit in the space and make thoughtful decisions. 

We finally found bunk beds for the kids! My requirements were seemingly simple but oddly hard to find. I wanted bunks low to the ground but I didn't want the bottom bed to be on the ground. Other preferences - white, simple design, and side ladder. 

Two years after getting into the house and our kids are no longer sleeping on the floor. I'll count this as a win!

It's changed the way the kids live in the space and I am all heart eyes about it. 

We worked on the landscaping in front of the kids yard. Of course by "we" I mean Josh. What gets me is the end result looks so simple but, by golly, it took some effort. 

There are some active little people unapologetically derailing us at every turn. 

And Josh began working on our entryway, starting with building a fence. The man of my dreams.

Up next, the rest of the backyard, a mirror for the master bath, and closets ~ mercy me I dream of closets! My goal is to post another meaningful update before the year ends. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment