Thursday, August 12, 2021

Faith = Rest


I have had some building anxiety about the worship team these last few months. I am losing my intern, who's giftings have brought my hopes for songs to life. My most talented piano player is leaving for college this September, and my mainstay friend who happens to play three instruments, is taking a long break. 

Whenever the fear of what won't be crept in, I'd whisperer, "Trust in the Lord, J. He will provide." These words, ingrained in my heart from my father, helped but the fear was still there. Last Sunday, before everyone arrived, it was just me in the chapel, sitting in the presence of God, and I poured out my fears to Him.

God! I'm afraid the music won't be good. 
God, my heart sinks having to sing songs that I know never reach what they should be.
God, I dread the unending tension of not having consistent instruments.
God, I'm tired!
God, take this cup from me!

He led me to this verse.

And those who are far off shall come and help to build the temple of the Lord. And you shall know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you. And this shall come to pass, if you will diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God. Zechariah 6:15

And just on the neighboring page, Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts! Zechariah 4:6

What God!? And I sobbed in front of the team that morning, confessing my fears. So here I am, resting in the faith that God will provide, because I am diligently trying to seek the voice of God, and because His favor is on the church, the people of the church, and on the leadership of the church. 

And this week every time that fear began to well up in my spirit, I'd take myself to the stream of life. And oh boy! He has been teaching me so much about what it means to rest in Him while working for Him. And here's the mind blowing answer which seems so dang obvious but is brand new to me, faith = rest. 

May this truth settle over your heart and mind today, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment