Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Just Shy of 40

This week I completed my first in depth study of a book of the bible - Galations. I'm embarrassed to claim that, just shy of my 40th birthday, but it just highlights God's goodness and graciousness. After all these years, He never gave up on me. He never closed the door. He never removed His lamp stand. 

I've learned so much and I'm different. Sure, I still struggle with all the fruits of the Spirit but my heart is less about the law, less about my way, more about choosing love. I was talking with a fellow worship leader/friend about ministry today and, after commiserating about some mutual struggles, she said to me, "I can see the heart of Christ in you." 

I took that and stored it in my heart and mind for what a huge accomplishment for me! I am different with Christ in me. Thank you, Jesus!

For God to allow me to glean and see and learn more about Him and bring me into His fold of richness and love after all this time is not overlooked by me. Grace on grace on grace. 

It's never too late to begin. 

He's waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment