Saturday, January 7, 2023

Finding the Sacred in the Normal


I found my favorite photo of 2022. Messy house, messy me, kids, cold coffee, and God.

"In the wild adventure of this walk with God normal is His holy. It is in these normal places and spaces that God does His deepest work. Our mountaintops with God cast vision and give us foresight but in between those mountains are the little steps that make such a vision real. Real is where holy people are born. Normal days, normal marriages, normal jobs. The people who live for high points will never have the strength to sustain them because they don't do the faithful work in between. 

I believe to the marrow of my bones that these normal days are sacred. What doesn't feel like Eucharist does not diminish the presence of God, who is always at work to will and act in order to fulfill his good purpose (Phil 2:13). This means that every act of every day can be done in view of His goodness (to His glory). 

This is where sanctification - the molding of my heart to His - happens best." - Phylicia Masonheimer

My only resolve for 2023? More of this. 

1 comment: