Thursday, December 21, 2023

What I'd Buy for Myself in the After Christmas Sales

If I was shopping for myself this Christmas, this is what I would buy.

I would buy boxes and boxes of beautiful vintage (or new) glass ornaments for my tree so I could have something like this. Oh, and a gigantic tree with the perfect shape to hold them.

I would buy velvet ribbon, in all colors, to wrap all of my Christmas presents. 

I would update Josh's wardrobe and start phasing out the shirts he's been wearing for 10 years. 

And buy him the very specific catchers glove he's been eyeing.

I would buy a new workout outfit, new Everjey lounge pants, and three of Retailcheapskate's outfit ideas. 

Tiny tiny, but thick! gold hoops that I wouldn't have to take off, ever.

A new couch

Airfryer, blender, 

This new-to-me hair tool. 

This Merit make-up, brush, and this hyaluronic serum!

This sure was fun, thank you for humoring me. But y'all, I don't need any of it. I am perfectly content with the bountiful, overflowing, blessings that are already in my home, the tiny humans being number two and Josh, oh boy, I tear up thinking about the gift God has given me through Josh. I couldn't ask for more. 

I've been listening to the Audiobook of The Light in Hidden Places by Sharon Cameron. A book someone recommended to me on Instagram. A book about hiding Jews during WW2. They go years with terrible hardship and the girl hiding them saves up her rations and for Christmas (for her) and Hanukkah (for them) buys canned pears, cigarettes, coffee! and surprises them. The moment is joyous and, although their circumstances stay the same, in that one moment is joy! in that one moment is hope! in that one moment is reprieve. 

None of these gifts, given to myself, would come close to eliciting that same response in me. But a gift given has a different weight doesn't it? Here's to hoping one of my gifts given this year gave someone that momentary but oh-so-important feeling - hope! joy! reprieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment