Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tuesday's with [Grandparents]

Yesterday Josh's grandparents picked me up and took me to PT. Really it was much more than that. They came early, picked me up, drove me to the hospital, waited around for an hour, drove me home, waited for Josh to get off work, and then took us out to dinner.

It was way above what you would ever expect from your grandparents - and they did that for someone who married in. :0 Dinner was rich. I learned of times they shared about Christ with people they love and saw a glimpse of a faith so deep.

What a special heritage I married into.

Waiting in the lobby at the hospital.
Learning about Scotland over steak and salmon.
 And because Grandma Kathy knows I love peonies, these now grace our dining table. <3

"My mother used to tell me that when push comes to shove, you always know who to turn to. That being family isn't a social construct but an instinct." -Jodi Picoult

No comments:

Post a Comment