Sunday, May 11, 2014

Forever

I've learned this year that moms are moms forever.

I can't even talk to you about what my mom and Josh's mom mean to me without tearing up. Since I can't, I won't go all out but I just want it to be on record that these two have done more for Josh and I in these last 7 weeks than I ever thought possible. I mean, I am functioning because of them.

I have learned a great deal about sacrificial love. It takes a lot to give that much and oftentimes the return never equals the output. But I think there's an upswelling that happens in a mom when it comes to their own child. You do what you have to do. No matter the cost. Our moms have been doing just that for us these last two months, their grown children.

A mom is a mom forever.



I whispered to Emerson late one night that I too will be a forever mom for her. No matter the cost.

1 comment:

  1. OH man! I just teared up reading this! Moms are amazing! I still can't believe that we are one!

    ReplyDelete