Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Time Has Come // Toning Down The Crazy

I've been trying to make an effort to tone down the crazy. But that is easier said than done.

What do you mean by crazy, you ask?

Well, like when the baby falls asleep on the way home from the grocery store Sunday morning, so instead of stopping like you used to do, you leave the car running, frantically switch seats with your husband, while simultaneously throwing the gear into drive while he grabs all the grocery bags. Then you proceed to drive around the loop in your parking lot 30x while your husband finishes putting those groceries away.

or...

When there's a minor earthquake but since it's the first one with the baby you and your husband stand under a doorway for 10 minutes surrounding her, just in case. And then once you're comfortable that there are no aftershocks, go check to make sure your emergency water supply is still good, and safe and sound where you thought it was.

or ...

When you realize it is 5pm and you still haven't brushed your teeth or washed your face because you just feel THAT guilty about putting her down.

or ...

When you are still sitting in the back seat three months later.

I swear I used to be sane. Like I would never in my right mind have done this with other people's kids but with mine I have lost all objectivity. I don't even recognize myself anymore! So I was telling Josh the other day that the time has come to tone down the crazy.

The picture I sent to Aimee, which she IMMEDIATELY understood and sent me back
dancing ladies and high five emojis. 
Now there are some things that I won't give in on, despite the peer pressure from others (the head pressurer being my own mother for goodness sakes) but for the most part I'm working on toning it down.

But just know that it's a gradual process. So if you see me mixing a formula bottle with new bottled water, and then refusing to use that bottled water for her formula again because it's been opened, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.

GO Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment