Tuesday, July 8, 2014

These Days

Monday night we put the baby to bed and then I met up with Melissa and Aimee for dinner. It was odd walking out of the house with only my phone, drivers license, and credit card. I felt naked and like I was forgetting a million things. Diaper bag? burp clothes? the baby?

Once in the car I turned on the radio to hear what kids these days are listening to and then turned it up to shamelessly belt out the latest song from Pink. I was an imposter in my own skin; a 22 post-college kid meeting up with friends for boba after my internship.

Then while at dinner I was amazed at all the people who were out. Doesn't everyone have kids? I was genuinely perplexed at the sheer amount of people who were hanging out at night on a Monday. I decided that maybe the population in the U.S. is decreasing since so many folks obviously don't have kids. I mean, I haven't been that oblivious have I? The world after 8pm amazes me.

WHO.AM.I.


No comments:

Post a Comment