Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Simple Trip To Costco

Seconds before the izz hit the fan

Today I attempted to go to Costco. Itinerary? Simple. One new tire, picture pick up, and a few groceries. Of course what I thought was simple ended up with me almost crying in the middle of the frozen section and an emergency call to Aimee for a pep talk.

Just when you think you have the mom gig figured out..

I had to wait for someone to help us buy a tire. Paranoid about the intense tire smell. Walk back and forth to the car twice with the mechanic. It was hot. I was holding the baby. Already sweating. Paid for one tire - oh wait! Costco membership expired. Renew. Told it'll be an hour. Grab a cart, wipe it down, put baby in. She's fine sitting there for 2 minutes. Crying her eyes out. Take her out. Holding her, pushing cart. Cart getting too heavy to push with one hand. Cart too heavy to push with one hand. Will not maneuver. Hitting other carts, aisles, people. Finally make it to the checkout. Pay. Told the photo center is on the complete other side. Sweating profusely. Push cart to the photo center. Hitting carts, aisles, people. Baby hungry. Get photos. Push to the door. About to die. Checkout employee offers to push my cart to the tire center to wait. Feed baby. Look at the parking lot and see my car has not yet been taken. Toys in car, keys with mechanic. Entertain baby for 45 minutes outside of Costco. Starving. No cash for food, and food too far anyway. Car ready. Friendly mechanic offers to load my car with groceries, says he has a 5 month old while giving me a look of pity. I could kiss that mechanic. I didn't.


Every time I see a mom now who looks a little ragged out and about my heart goes out to them. The struggle is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment