Tuesday, October 7, 2014

33


It is my birthday today. It was a normal day sprinkled with little bouts of special. Baby class. A trip to Time Warner. Lunch with one turned into lunch with three. A peach tart. Laundry. Some hot chocolate.

Unlike last year, I'm not especially excited about my birthday but I'm not NOT excited either. It just is. I am particularly calm, not especially looking towards the future, or even tomorrow, but more thankful for what is now - my beautiful baby, my thoughtful husband, family, a comfortable place to live, and a big cup of hot hot chocolate.

Melissa gave me a birthday card at lunch. At the end she wrote, "Just think, when He was 33, Jesus became the Savior of the world...what's God got in store for you?" I don't think you need to be 33, or for it to be your birthday, for that to apply to you too. As someone put it on Instagram, "I know now that no matter what, life in any form is a blessing. And God is good." Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment