Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Boom, Boom, Boom.

Today we went to a design center to pick out some finishes for the house. It's somewhat like registering for wedding gifts - at first you are super excited but then you get there and the thrill of new stuff is overshadowed by the sheer number of options. 

Case in point.


Am I right or am I right? 

Anyway, we focused on flooring today.Tile comes standard and truly I detest tile. It's so ugly and square and doesn't belong in a house unless you're a first generation Chinese (no offense). But we looked at the hardwood and it was $$$$ and then I downgraded and looked at the laminate and it was still $$$. My heart broke a little. 

But then the design center lady pulled out a different tile that was made to resemble wood (even textured) and in plank form. 

My heart skipped a beat.


Here's the cabinet color, with the granite countertop, and the flooring we picked.

I would have preferred white cabinets (a white kitchen makes my heart go boom boom boom) but it wasn't an option so espresso was the next best thing. 

This guy also makes my heart go boom boom boom.

So that's that folks. We picked a standard carpet for upstairs and one of the square tiles for the laundry room and bathrooms.

It's always been a dream of mine to own a home. Where Josh and I were originally looking we would have been lucky to get a functioning 2 bed 1 bath. And now we are five minutes from Josh's work and we have a big ole house.

And just like that, we are real adults making real decisions. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment