Thursday, February 26, 2015

Giggle Girl

Today is a special day because Noe-girl is one!

Noe has a special place in my heart. She not only carries my middle name but from the start I felt like we had a special bond. I was in the room when she came into the world and the moment was nothing short of a spiritual experience for me. Prior to Noe's arrival the idea of birth was purely a medical procedure but afterwards my eyes were indeed opened to the miracle of it all.



I witnessed her first time cuddling with Aimee and watched as Blane teared the first time he held her. I saw her wiped down, weighed, and swaddled. I watched her nurse. I heard her tiny cry. I held her close. 


Seeing who she is has been one of the greatest gifts of this past year. Being apart of her highs and lows is quite an intimate experience and because of that I am as protective of her as if she was my own, and in a way, she is.



Way before when the books said babies start to smile, Noe was smiling. She was already a blessing to others and she didn't even know it. 

 

And now as her little personality is beginning to emerge we see that she is gentle and cuddly, sweet and dainty, fierce and sensitive, selective and forgiving, she goes with the flow. A compliment to her older brother and the perfect addition to their family. 


I will root for her all the days of my life.


Happy birthday my Noe-girl. I love you deep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment