Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Mindful Moment

Well, as the story goes Emerson caught my cold. Poor little babe can barely breath. Tonight I washed everything on hot in an optimistic attempt to keep Josh from joining us sickies.

All of this is mute though in comparison to news I stumbled upon yesterday. An old high school friend's son, who was not much older than Emerson, passed away last week due to complications from an outpatient surgery. It is all I can think of as I go about the day. I wonder how her mama heart can go on.

"I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Isaiah 43:19


This weekend we are celebrating some friends welcoming their first child soon. We head into this weekend mindful of the privilege of being parents and the gratitude of being able to raise a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment